Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mid Century Console

Good Saturday morning! The 3-day weekend is upon us and we are laying around just enjoying each other's company. The Jack Johnson kids station on Pandora is playing and Caden is showing off his ukulele skills. It's a warm spring morning and the doors and windows are WIDE open. A perfect start to a relaxing holiday weekend:)

I did finally get around to snapping some pictures of my mid century console. I always refer to it as a console but it would function great in many other ways. It has nine, good sized drawers so it would be great as a dresser. The overall size makes it great for an entertainment center or a baby changing table as well. How cute would this be for a baby boy room?!

Here it was before.


Here it is after. I painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Greek Blue. I love the color because it performs well as modern, cottage, beach, vintage, etc.


I don't have the console in the ideal location of my house but it's the best place to snap some pictures. Here it is from another angle. Such cool lines.



I painted the scalloped detail in two different shades of ASCP greek blue. That's the beauty of this paint, the colors were developed to allow the painter to mix custom colors.



The scallops remind me of waves:)



I lightly distressed the edges and handles to give the piece more depth and soul.



The console is for sale and will also be available at a local barn show I will participating in next month. I'll being posting all the details of the show soon. You can contact me at beachedbo@gmail.com for details on the console. Enjoy your weekend!!! Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment